- Nostril and eyebrow – Approximately 2-3 months
- Earlobe and Septum – Approximately 4-8 weeks
- Ear Cartilage – Approximately 3 months – 1 year
Thoroughly clean your new piercing once daily! Use antibacterial soap such as Provon. DO NOT use any products other than what is suggested. Excessive cleaning can lead to future problems.
- Wash your hands! Remember to NEVER touch your new piercing without washing your hands first.
- Using warm water and a cotton swab, remove and matter that may have dried on the jewelry and around the openings of the piercing.
- Next, pour the cleaning agent on the jewelry and piercing, lather it up and then work the jewelry back and forth at least 6 times. Leave cleaning agent on the piercing for approximately 1 minute.
- Rinse the cleaning agent off very thoroughly under running water, again working the jewelry back and forth at least 6 times. Any cleaning agent left on the skin or in the piercing can cause you problems.
- The product Sensitive Ears is most effective when used 6-8 weeks into the healing process. When using Sensitive Ears, squirt a little of the solution into the sink in order to clear and clean the bottle nozzle. Then apply product to a clean cotton swab to clean the piercing. Use a new cotton swab for each side of the hole (entrance and exit). The solution should be used to for only 4-6 weeks and then the bottle should be discarded.
SPECIAL NOTE ON EAR PIERCINGS: Avoid placing telephone receivers against your piercing during the healing period. The receiver could harbor bacteria from everyone who has previously used this phone.